Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

German school shooter gave Internet chatroom warning

The interior minister of Baden-Württemberg announced Thursday the discovery that 17-year-old Tim Kretschmer, the boy responsible for a rampant school shooting in Winnenden, had warned of his actions in a chatroom seven hours prior.A German teenager who shot dead 15 people announced in an Internet chatroom before his rampage that he had weapons which he planned to use, an official said Thursday.Heribert Rech, interior minister of the state where the shooting took place, gave details of the Internet conversation at 2:45 am on Wednesday, seven hours before he started the killing spree."I have weapons here and tomorrow morning I will go to my old school." "You will hear about me tomorrow. Make note of the name of the place: Winnenden," 17-year-old Tim Kretschmer said. Rech said that the chat was with 17-year-old Bernd from Bavaria. The boy showed the chat to his father after he heard about Wednesday's massacre, and the father then contacted police."Shit, Bernd. I have had enough, I have had enough of this crummy life ... Always the same. People are laughing at me, no one recognises my potential," Rech cited the entry as saying. "I mean it seriously, Bernd."Kretschmer entered his old school in Winnenden at around 9:30 am, armed with a handgun taken from his father's bedroom and more than 100 rounds of ammunition. He shot dead eight girls, one boy and three female teachers. He fled and randomly shot dead three bystanders. Three hours later Kretschmer was dead after a manhunt ended in a shootout in a shopping centre car park 30 kilometres (20 miles) away.

No comments:

Post a Comment