Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

U.S. OPEN Swing Time by Triumph: Serena Williams wins against Asarenka


As the roller coaster ride was over Serena Williams was on center court and could not believe their luck. "I had my loser's speech already prepared," the tennis Olympic champion said after her fourth triumph at the U.S. Open. His hands to his face beaten escaped, it will by 6:2, 2:6, 7:5 victory again: "Oh my God!" This sigh after she had always accompanied the final against Victoria Asarenka that the victory 2:18 deserved rousing hour just had. In the first three-set final in 17 years Serena Williams did have loose-like a whirlwind. But the storm abated quickly as Asarenka in the second round took off her nerves and won bit by bit to dominance. The last twelve sentences and a total of seven matches in succession they had lost in the last three years against the now 15-time Grand Slam winner. And from the second victory in the eleventh comparison was actually nothing.
"Serena is the greatest player of all time"
"Serena is the greatest player of all time. You lost the Game "raised to a new level, said Asarenka. They could be glad with the score at 5-4 in the third set already on the second major title in Australia earlier this year. Only one service game she was removed from the winner's check for $ 1.9 million. "I do not consider myself the greatest. I consider myself just a tennis player who tried to do their best. I'm just Serena, I will "never be somebody else, 'said Williams. After the break at the right moment, the service to the victory was a mere formality. Recently in New York Steffi Graf in 1995, three sets had taken to victory over Monica Seles.
"Never expected that I would win all the titles"
Swing Time was announced, when Williams finally held the trophy in his hands. To the sounds of Prince ("1999") and Irene Cara ("Fame") danced and sang and hugged the silver cup. "I knew I was playing well this summer and be a champion. But I never expected that I would. Win all these titles, "said the 30-year-old, one after Wimbledon, the Olympics and then won their home tournament It could feel each of the 24,000 spectators in Arthur Ashe Stadium, Serena Williams was unsure how, when she had given her first set of the tournament. They had allowed only two breaks in the whole tournament, and now two in one pass. Include the mark she left in the lurch. Only at the end, the ratio amounted to 13 aces again - what the tournament meant incredible 63 aces and one reason was that its a disaster as in the previous final against Australian Samantha Stosur was spared. Asarenka could not keep up. The planned revenge for the off at the Olympics went wrong. However, it provided only 28 errors, while Williams ran in the 45th Almost the world ranking fourth, which keeps this place as Asarenka would have cost the number one, the triumph. 13 years after the first title at the same place against the Swiss player Martina Hingis. Over such a long time has not yet gathered in front of her major titles.
"Serena must be grateful"
"She deserved it," said the fair loser. "I gave everything and nothing to regret. Serena and I have to be grateful. She makes sure that I get my game, my personality and my physique to the next level. "The back and forth in the high-class final was a reflection of the strength in women's tennis. In the last seven Grand Slam tournaments before had there been seven different winners. Serena Williams is the first person who was able to Wimbledon triumph for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment