Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

WIMBLEDON | Women Final Serena does not conform


The American Serena Williams winner of Wimbledon after beating the final against Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska said after the meeting that "the title won is just the beginning" and "hopes to continue winning trophies." "I felt very well throughout the tournament, physically and mentally. I have never been better. After all what happened to me, I feel that this is the beginning of a new era," said Serena in the press conference after the meeting ". The younger of the Williams, who suffered a pulmonary embolism in March 2011, achieved its fifth Wimbledon title after beating Radwanska 6-1, 5-7, 6-2 in two hours and two minutes of play. "Back to the main court and win is impressive. Last year was around two hundred of the world, has been an incredible journey. Still can not believe you have just won my fifth Wimbledon, has been a very special return, could not ask for more, "said Serena. The recent winner has five titles at the All England Club, the same as her older sister Venus , who was a "great influence" to Serena. "I do not know if you have a Grand Slam or even if you play tennis if Venus had not been at my side. We do everything together and, since childhood, I have always copied. Had a great influence on me. When she was number one I had to be number one too, and when she won, I wanted to win, "said the youngest of the Williams. Serena showed during his seven matches at the All England Club this fierce and aggressive tennis that made him leader of the world rankings in 2002 and 2009. In its participation in the current edition, the U.S. got that 102 aces, record in the women's tournament. "My serve has helped me a lot in the tournament, do not really know why I went so well. Helps that the surface is grass, the serves are much faster," said Serena. Questioned on the hard match against Radwanska, which lasted until the two hours, the U.S. was a party believes that "hard" because his opponent played "an excellent tennis on grass." "I started the game very well, but she started playing great and I got scared, do not know why. She also wanted to win Wimbledon and went for the match but I improved and won," he said. "My career is not over, just the opposite, I want to add even more titles," concluded the American tennis player, who turns 31 years in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment