Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The CNN reporter is coming out: "Nothing to hide, I'm gay"



The famous reporter Anderson Cooper declares his homosexuality in a long letter to a colleague with HIV: "I must take a stand" Anderson Cooper, the leading presenter of CNN, announced publicly that they are gay, stressing that it "might be less happy, at ease and proud" to be. His sexual preferences were not a secret, but the 45 year old has decided to reveal itself through a long letter to his colleague Andrew Sullivan, homosexual and HIV positive, who published it on his blog "The Daily Dish". Coming out of Cooper was one of the most anticipated by the American public, which for years has talked about the alleged sexual orientation of the journalist, who has never denied nor confirmed. "I know Anderson for twenty years," Sullivan wrote in his blog. "I asked an opinion on gay rights and this was his e-mail response, which has given me permission to publish here. ' "As you know this is a question that I have thought for years," begins Cooper in his letter. "Even though my work puts me in the eyes of the public, I have tried to maintain some level of privacy in my life, especially for personal reasons, but also for professional reasons," continued the reporter. "I always thought that knowing who votes for a reporter, what religion is or who you love are not topics to be discussed publicly. Until a reporter demonstrates fairness and honesty in his work, his private life should not matter. " "Lately, however, I realized that keeping silent about certain aspects of my private life so long I could have given the wrong impression that I'm trying to hide something - explained - something that makes me uncomfortable, it makes me feel ashamed or even scared me.This is painful, simply because it is not true. " 'The fact is that I'm gay, I always have been, I will be forever and I could not be happier, more at ease with myself and proud. I've always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family and my colleagues. In a perfect world I do not think any other concerns, but I believe that there is value in taking a position - he wrote the first journalist to conclude - I love and am loved. "

No comments:

Post a Comment