Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Madagascar leader 'will go home'

Madagascar's ousted president has said he is "confident" he will return home and suggested he could use force to achieve that aim.Marc Ravalomanana, who fled to Swaziland when he was forced from office earlier in the year, made his comments in interview on Thursday - his first television interview since he fled the country."There are two options - starting with the negotiations first, and I'm sure we can find a way to bring me back to my country," he told."And then there [is] another option, if it is necessary to use it."He said: "I'm confident we'll go back because I know the citizens in Madagascar right now and they need some leader. I'm the president - elected democratically."

No comments:

Post a Comment