Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kidnappers seek $2m to free Canadian journalist

‘Please help me. Please help me … I request my government, human rights organisations and media associations to accept their demands and get me released.’—Image Courtesy CBC
Please help me. Please help me … 
I request my government, human rights organisations
and media associations to accept their 
demands and get me released.’

MIRAMSHAH, Pakistan The kidnappers of a Canadian journalist have demanded $2 million for releasing her. Khadija Al Qahar was kidnapped from Sera Derga in Janikhel of the Bannu Frontier Region on November 20 last year, along with two local guides.A video-tape was delivered to the local press club on Wednesday in which kidnappers threatened to kill her if their demands were not met by March 30.  The woman said in the video that she had been kept in isolation at an undisclosed location near Afghan border. ‘I am very sick and they (kidnappers) will kill me at the end of March.’ A visibly distressed Ms Khadija pointed at a dagger hanging on a wall behind her and said that they (a reference to militants of Darra Adamkhel) had killed the Polish engineer and they would also kill her. ‘Please help me. Please help me … I request my government, human rights organisations and media associations to accept their demands and get me released.’ She specifically urged the Canadian and Pakistani governments to accept the kidnappers’ demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment