Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bill Gates l Microsoft's word nerd


In " The impatient optimist: Bill Gates in his words " , Publisher Aguilar, Lisa Rogak phrases compiled-founder of Microsoft to make a self-portrait. Bill Gates by Bill Gates.Herein, we present a selection of the most representative.  William Henry Gates III  was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle.  's son William Henry Gates II , renowned lawyer, and Mary Gates , a college professor. His father calls him Trey . He attended private school Lakerside where rich children studied, including Paul Allen , who later founded Microsoft. Children : "I tried to be normal as best I could."  "In truth I had many dreams as a kid, and I think it was because I had the opportunity to read". In 1973 he graduated from Lakeside, and after obtaining a high level in SAT is accepted by Harvard UniversityHe befriends Steve Ballmer, the man who now leads Microsoft. Being a nerd : "I became the leader of the anti-social group (at Harvard). We clung to each other as a way of validating our rejection of all those social people ".  In 1975, an article on the Altair 8800 of Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems (MITS), appears in the magazine Popular Electronics.  Gates with Allen developed a version of the programming language BASIC for the computer. Abandons Harvard in its third year moves with Allen to Albuquerque, New Mexico. "We realized that things were starting to happen, and the simple fact that he had a vision about where to go to that chip and what it might mean, did not imply that we expect industry until I finished my studies." "I am concerned to hear that there are young people who do not want to go to college by the fact that I did not graduate. To be clear: I got a very good education even though I did not stay long enough to graduate. Moreover, the competitive world becomes more specialized and complex every year, making uiversitaria education is as important today as it was in high school one time." On April 4, 1975, Harvard alumni are  Microsoft. "The entrepreneurial mindset is buoyed by Microsoft, because one of our most important goals in reiventarnos, we must ensure that we replace our products ourselves, not someone else ""The key for Microsoft is considered a positive launch new products always on. can afford to arrive early. thing is we can not afford to be late." About Allen: "We were true partners. Talked hours each day. Today we like to talk about how the fantasies we had being boys they became reality."  Allen, 60, left the company in 1983. Today, in addition to its  stake in Microsoft , has investments in the  field of sports and real estate  and the company founded  Interval Research.  has an estimated net worth of  U.S. $ 15,000 million.  In 2008  Bill Gates leaves his work at the head of Microsoft ceding control of the company to Steve Ballmer to pursue his philanthropic work with his wife.  "Steve Ballmer said that the responsibility of being president of a company was heavier than I had anticipated. I warned him before he accepted the position to be president of the company was an inhuman work . demands a number of things about you, and I feel fortunate to have someone like Steve. I think shoes was how I expected him to do."  The fortune of  Gates  amounted to  67,000 million , the second in the world. Along with the billionaire  Warren buffet (4th), a promoter of the initiative  Giving Pledge , in which its members spend  most of their wealth to philanthropy.  Today is spent with his wife to  solidarity actions by the  Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Allocates every year millions of dollars to improve the quality of life of people in the poorest countries.  "The great advances of mankind often exacerbate global inequalities.'s Least needy see the most improvement and the needy, the youngest, in particular happens to the billions of people living on less than a dollar a day." 

Apple, Steve Jobs and his competitors

"Jobs thought he was good and that the others were bad."  Gates acknowledged that Jobs was hard on him several times, but never failed to acknowledge his admiration for the late Apple genius. "I would give much to save Steve's taste." Melinda Gates said months ago that their children had asked as a Christmas iPods , but who had refused:  The richness of our family comes from Microsoft, why should we invest in the competition ? "said Melinda.  "No I have an iPod. The phone is a good portable device where you can take your music. Maybe other people think so in the futur or "says Bill meanwhile. 


Their rivals. "Whether Apple, Google or free software, we have fantastic competitors and it keeps us fit" . 

Curiosities and phrases

  • "If a boy is addicted to a personal computer, I feel much better than if it is on television, because at least your mind is making decisions."

  • "I was a big beneficiary of that uniqueness that this country has to be willing to risk to young people." 
 
  • "I can do anything in which concentrate the power of my mind." 
  • "Timing is always tricky when you are someone who is in the mail night and day."
  
  • Follow a multimillionaire and keep working: "I still think this is super fun." "The ridiculous sums of money can be confusing." 

  • "I do not support pending lists". 

  • "Success is a lousy teacher. Seduces smart people to make them think he can not lose". In 1977 Bill Gates was arrested for speeding round. 
      

    In 2007, Harvard Gates received an honorary Doctorate of Laws in recognition of his achievements as an entrepreneur and for his humanitarian work.

    "I've been waiting 30 years to say this: "Dad, I always told you I would come back and get my degree" . "I want to thank Harvard for this timely honor. Change my job next year ... and it will be good to finally have a college degree on my resume. " "I am the most successful dropout Harvard". 

No comments:

Post a Comment