Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Benedict XVI criticizes media coverage of the case 'Vatileaks'


Pope Benedict XVI broke the silence and spoke at St. Peter's Square, on Wednesday, in relation to press coverage in the investigation of the leak of secret documents from the Vatican. The pontiff said full trust to his aides and accused the media of distorting reality, ocaionando a false image of the Holy See in a very emotional testimony, he emphasized the suffering and pain caused by allegations of corruption. "Suggestions have multiplied, amplified by some media are totally baseless and that went well beyond the facts, offering an image of the Holy See does not correspond to reality," said the head of the Catholic Church after conducting a general audience. Benedict XVI continued to deny the allegations of the Italian media, which raised the suspicion that there is an internal power struggle. "I would like to renew my confidence and my encouragement to my closest collaborators and all those who each day with faith, spirit of sacrifice and silently help me to fulfill my ministry," Benedict said.

No comments:

Post a Comment